tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph Chiu" <jc...@spun.com>
Subject RE: ApJServ directives *must* have been documented by *now*... right?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:59:15 GMT
Hi Michael,
I'm not sure if you have seen the java.apache.org pages on JServ.  There are
some useful links from there for mod_jserv configuration (although they,
too, are not the most straight-forward).  The information is primarily
useful for server-side mod_jserv configuration; the jserv.properties is not
a part of the TomCat mod_jserv implementation.;

Joseph
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Percy [mailto:mpercy@portera.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 4:28 PM
To: 'general@jakarta.apache.org'; 'tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: ApJServ directives *must* have been documented by *now*...
right?

I have been looking everywhere, and can barely find a speck of documentation
for the Apache directives added by mod_jserv (the ApJServ* directives). The
single piece I could find is a README archived in the Apache JServ CVS
structure which was removed [Mon Nov 9 23:52:53 1998] which documents them a
bit, but it is obsolete.
(see
http://www.working-dogs.com/cvsweb/index.cgi/jserv/src/c/Attic/README?r1=1.1
0)

I have compiled the attached documentation for the mod_jserv directives from
bits and pieces wherever I could find them (including the source code), in
Apache-style HTML. The thing that gets me is that 90% of people running
Tomcat are still using mod_jserv, with no documentation whatsoever, probably
because that is what all the examples are written in (and AFAIK mod_jk is
not fully developed yet).

These are extremely draft docs, and I have no idea how accurate it all is.
If anyone has a few moments to correct/enhance/help with this, I would very
much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michael Percy