tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Larry Isaacs" <larryisa...@mindspring.com>
Subject Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:46:23 GMT
Attached is a proposed set of Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2.

They implement the following features:

1) JAVA_HOME may contain spaces.
2) "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" is used as executable (Bug# 43 from Jim Cook)
3) TOMCAT_HOME may contain spaces
4) If TOMCAT_HOME doesn't contain spaces, CLASSPATH is set dynamically.
5) If TOMCAT_HOME contains spaces, a message is displayed and CLASSPATH is set statically.
6) On NT, a title is displayed on taskbar button (This is actually required by #2 above.)

This set works for me on Win98SE and NT 4.0.  Let me know if problems are found on Win95 or
Win2000.

Sam, if these look okay to you, let me know and I'll commit them.  Otherwise I'll wait for
feedback.

Cheers,
Larry