tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Bauman <n...@cortexity.com>
Subject Re: Scarab Status: Re: bug tracking - what the **** is going on?
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:52:28 GMT
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Alex Chaffee wrote:

> Can we add auth, but still allow normal (unathenticated) users to open
> a bug, and add a comment too, but not close?  (If not, not a huge deal.)

Not without rewriting some of BugRat's code. I can password protect the
admin section, which means you have a public "bug reporting" system and a
private "bug management system". ie: public people would not be able to
add comments, just report a bug and query the bug database.

If making only committers have access to the admin section is okay, I will
start taking the steps necessary to do that. ( I think I should also make
it so that admins can easily change their own passwords )

> The number of
committers is fairly static -- seems like we add
one > every couple of weeks on average -- that shouldn't be too much admin
> hassle once the initial set is made.

Sure, sure.

> By the way, a bug I opened that was definitely not actually fixed was
> also closed by person #0.  Either we have a rogue saboteur or a bug in
> bugrat.

No, it's not a bug in bugrat. Someone closed it.