tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject RE: Building 3.2
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:10:22 GMT
> > 3.3 is the development version. 3.2 is the stable one, where only
> > (important and safe) bug fixes goes in.
> >
> > So far in 3.3:
> > - improved performance ( in some tests it is 1.5 .. 2x over 3.2)
> > - start of i18n ( charset support and guessing )
> > - start of Servlet 2.3 ( facade23, compilation )
> > - improved security ( use of URLClassLoader, tighten up everything)
> > - improved reloading ( DependManager )
> > - improved startup ( including separated classpaths for webserver and
> > applications, ability to override the parser)
> > - few major refactorings ( to achieve cleaner demarcation of
> > componenets,
> > better code organization )
> > - reduced GC ( even more compared with 3.2 - so far about 8..20k less
> > GC memory  per request - as reported by OptimizeIt )
>
> - per Context/Cotainer Interceptors

:-)

Sorry about that, Nacho. In fact the per Context interceptors are
the enabler for "multiple servlet profiles" ( supporting a container
running both servlet2.2 and servlet2.3 - there are fine differences and in
future this may grow. We also want to provide alternative implementations
for the same API level - with different levels of security/features ).

Costin