tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Tomcat startup time
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 07:46:36 GMT
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 05:31:19PM +0200, Petr Jiricka wrote:
> > I agree with Alex's suggestion, although we probably don't want to change
> > the format of server.xml for 3.2, right ?
>
> Why not?  Costin seems to think it's straightforward, and in any case,
> we'd just be adding functionality, not breaking anything.  I think we
> should just implement things as best we can, and let the 3.2 build
> manager decide if a solution is fully-baked enough to allow into 3.2.

Yes, I agree with that. The patch looks great, except that I would not
touch Tomcat.java - all you need to do is add the get/set methods in
ContextManager, and use <contextManager property="value" />.

By default any String/int/boolean property that has get/set method is
mapped to xml attributes, no need to do anything. That's true for
ContextManager, Context and Interceptors.

I think it's safe and fine to do the change for 3.2.

Do we have any plan for 3.2 release ?

Costin