tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Tomcat Logging
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:16:09 GMT
What about spliting "logging" from "debugging" ? It's clear there are
different requirements.

Even debugging - there are 2 kinds of debugging - abnormal situations that
happen at runtime and "traces" that you use to do println-debugging.

I think it would be a good idea to use log(), debug() and trace() for
example. For trace() I think the clasic old prinln will be enough (
since traceLevel should be 0 in normal use, enabled only to debug a
component ).

Costin