tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: [Proposal] Remove Tomcat Golden test and Ant requirement from tomcat distribution and CVS
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:53:02 GMT
Glenn,

I think you are right about cleaning CLASSPATH and include only the
minimal.

Ant is very important and must be included - it is needed to build webapps
and it will be used for other tasks ( patching tomcat - sort of
autoupdate, deployment, etc). At least I have a lot of projects and
enhancements I want to do that require ant ( too bad I don't have the
time).

I'm +1 on not including the tests in the standard distribution, and
removing ant from classpath ( maybe in 1 week or 2, I have few ideas that
will help a lot on this and we still need to do some classloader tricks in
tomcat that are related )

Costin