tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From User YHS <...@mimic.onesourcecorp.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSALS] Three Proposals for Development of Tomcat 4.0
Date Sun, 05 Jan 1997 21:49:28 GMT

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> As the time approaches when the initial public drafts of the Servlet 2.3
> and JSP 1.2 specifications will become available, it is appropriate for
> the TOMCAT-DEV development community to discuss and decide how we are
<SNIP>
> them on the TOMCAT-DEV mailling list.  There is certainly nothing cast
> in concrete at this point, although we should intend to make final
> decisions on these proposals in fairly short order.
>
> Craig McClanahan

would be nice to redo the load balancing so it supports single system
image (session handling distributed globally) and improve its robustness,
especially under heavy loads. If it was written in Java and integrated
directly into tomcat, that would be nice too. Right now it suffers from a
single point of failure (the mod_jserv.c dies, the load balancing
dies). Removing that and rewriting it as a true distributed system (no
master or a load balanced master) and allowing it to kill hung JVMs would
be nice too.
Thanks.
-Ys-
yhs@mimic.onesourcecorp.com