tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: TC3.3: Split dir proposal
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:09:39 GMT
Oh hey as long the topic is near this, mind having tomcat-apache.conf
renamed to something similar to follow suit(e?) with mod_jk.conf-auto?
mod_jserv.conf-auto?

Seems nice to have <connector name>.conf-auto if/when different connectors
are introduced.  Having a "tomcat-apache.conf" is misleading, implying that
that's the file that should be used.  Well, it should be if you're using
JServ, but I had no idea that there was an alternative (i.e. what the mod_jk
auto conf file was) from scanning the directory.

Why not:
	Lots of people include this file, might break stuff?

Why:
	Lots of people don't include this file =)
	In line with future adapters/connectors naming scheme...?
	To not imply that that's the file to be used(should be using mod_jk, no?)

Thoughts?

> Also, I think we should split tomcat/conf:
> tomcat/conf/servers - iis, nes, aol, apache configs
> tomcat/conf/samples - all the samples not in use

For what it's worth, I like this because the number of files in the conf dir
is overwhelming for most first-time Tomcat'ers.  "Do i have to configure all
of these?" etc.

- r