tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Lamb <p...@oil-law.com>
Subject RE: [Catalina] long shutdown
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:00:57 GMT
I got all the lastest from CVS and did a full rebuild. I also updated
catalina.bat to use %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java instead of just java. Using jdk1.3
w/ hotspot I'm seeing consistantly about 6 seconds on shutdown, without
hotspot it's almost instant.

If I run accross this again, I'll try to come up with something
reproducable.

You might also want to note that if you use the jakarta-tomcat-4.0/build.bat
file, you need to have set all the environment variables to explicit paths,
not ../jakarta-ant; since the catalina/build.xml and jasper/build.xml are
getting their values from the top level build.bat.

In doing some testing I noticed that appending :$DATA to the end of a jsp
request--numguess.jsp:$DATA--causes both the source of the jsp page and an
error that the file can't be found to get returned to the user. This should
only be a problem on Windows/NT.

Paul