tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier_Fil...@adc.com
Subject java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:43:13 GMT

A short mail to tell you of the following problem:
on HPUX box,
apache version:1.3.12
tomcat version:3.1

I get the following:

Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report such
errors more gracefully
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jsp/_0002fjsp_0002fLoading_0002ejspLoading_jsp_0
 (wrong name: jsp/_0002fjsp_0002fLoading_0002ejspLoadin
g_jsp_155)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.defClass(JspLoader.java:195)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.findClass(JspLoader.java:181)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadClass(JspLoader.java:136)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:435)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:149)
This happens regularly when SEVERAL clients concurrently try to access the same
jsp pages for the first time:
it seems the concurrency is not perfectly managed for the initial loading and
compilation of the page.

One way out is to force the compilation of these pages at initialisation time
but you will agree it is not the aim.
Is this problem new? I could not find anything relevant in the archives.
Please do cc any answer to my email address as well.

Regards
Olivier JSP user