tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pier.fumaga...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: A home for native libraries
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:12:24 GMT
As far as I can see in the JNI documentation, you can also specify
something like "-Djava.library.path=..."  as a command line parameter.
It should load the VMs.

The problem with native libraries is that they're not loaded by a
classloader from a file (such as JARs), but its access is performed by
the underlying os routines, and you need to have those libraries where
the OS can access them...

	Pier