tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: some mod_jk questions/proposals
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2000 06:08:44 GMT
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Great... And when you're done, if you want to send me the list of files
> and how those have been moved, I might move them on locus without
> loosing the revision history.

Moving the files is very dangerous - if someone tries to get an
older version ( to build 3.2 or 3.1  for example) he'll not get
the right files ( at least that was my experience with moving
files in cvs).

If you copy the files it may work - when they get the older
snapshots some files will be duplicated.

I think the history of a file is less important than beeing able
to build historic versions.

Costin