tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: some mod_jk questions/proposals
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:50:15 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

> Alex Chaffee wrote:
>
> > 1.  Is there a reason why mod_jk is not included in the dist build?
> > As far as I can see it's pretty stable.  Even if we don't get to
> > generate binaries, it'd be nice if the source were available in the
> > standard download so people don't have to figure out CVS etc. in order
> > to build it.
>
> No time for that - I think mod_jk is in a much better shape than
> mod_jserv. The AJP13 is much faster and has a lot more
> features.
>
> IT would be nice to make at least few binaries available.

The only problem is that there are no documents on the structure of
mod_jk and expecially ajp v13. I believe that's the key for a
maintainable C code (and that's what I did when I was involved in the
development of mod_jserv)... Too bad it's not the status right now...

	Pier (trying to work on those stuff!)