tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: No sticky sessions (Re: Load Balancing)
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:04:12 GMT
Hi,

There are 2 connectors - mod_jserv and mod_jk.

I know Gal did all the tests and worked with mod_jk, and
I remember he was able to do load balancing.

mod_jserv was imported from JServ, but I don't think
anyone fixed it for servlet 2.2 ( I remember the name
of the session cookie is different, and it may have
other issues).

Because mod_jk have a number of aditional features
that are not implemented in mod_jserv, and a structure
that make it very reusable I think it would be a good
idea to try to use it ( and fix it) instead of mod_jserv.

Mod_jk implements ( using almost the same code )
the ajp12 protocol from mod_jserv, but it also have
an ajp13 ( reuse the tcp connection between apache
and tomcat, much faster ), jni connector ( the
fastest - if you have a multithreaded server like
apache 2.0 ), support for apache 2.0 , support
for IIS, NES, AOL.

Please take a look. I never tried it with load balancing,
but the code is derived from mod_jserv ( and enhanced
a lot )

Costin