tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSALS] Three Proposals for Development of Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 06:11:06 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> [...]
> One of the disadvantages of creating a new module is that you lose all of the
> previous history of changes to individual files, because you have to check in a
> complete set to start the new module.

... Unless you move files around into the CVS server... It is possible
to change repository maintaining revision numbers just moving files
between repositories on the server.
And it's possible also to incorporate modules into modules by symlinking
directories and files on the server.
Suppose we have jakarta-servletapi and jakarta-tomcat modules, under
jakarta-tomcat we want to have a subdirectory containing the servlet api
module, we just do:

ln -sf $CVSROOT/jakarta-servletapi $CVSROOT/jakarta-tomcat/servletapi

where CVSROOT is (in locus' example /home/cvs)

	Pier