tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSALS] Three Proposals for Development of Tomcat 4.0
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:43:39 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> +/-0 on renaming jakarta-tomcat to jakarta-tomcat-3.0. This rename would
> break a lot of people's buildscripts and existing checked out bases. ie -
> everyone here either a) agrees on a time to have everything checked in so
> that they can dispose of their checked out copies and move to the new name
> or b) have to do fun CVS/* directory mucking.

that was my idea... in my ideal world i would like to see everything
following the same pattern, so since 4.0 had the version number in the
repository, also 3.0 should, to be symmetrical... :)
it's not a big deal though :)

> +1 -- in fact, I'd go further and do jakarta-jasper-x.x and help the
> separation and modularity along even more. But that's just me. :)

way cool... another cvs module for JSPs would be _really_ nice to have,
so people like me and Jon would not even have to see the sources :) :)
:)

> +1 -- as long as you guys are comfy with the new code base, I'm ok with you
> moving on from that code base that I started way back when the Tomcat team
> was a team of 1 sitting in my office.. :)

I saw the first sources of -your- codebase... Those were nice :) (Thank
god Java can be soo easily decompiled!), but patch after patch it got
worse, like -my- mod-jserv (geez guys it was so nice back in the
days!)...

	Pier :)