tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSALS] Three Proposals for Development of Tomcat 4.0
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:35:41 GMT
"" wrote:
> ugh. please please maintain JDK 1.1 compatibility for runtime at
> least. compiling is ok with JDK 1.2 but JDK 1.1 is a lot more stable for
> high volume traffic at runtime. ive seen suns JDK 1.2.2 lock up under high
> loads...1.1 doesnt. dropping 1.1 compatibility before 1.2 becomes stable
> enough for production use is IMHO a really *bad* idea.

I don't agree on maintaining JDK 1.1 compatibility... I believe it's now
time to give the good old Platform 1.1 a sound kick in the butt and
start working on Platform 2.
In my personal experience I've never seen JDK 1.2.2 to lock, on both the
operating systems I use (Windo$H and Solaris), actually never had the
lightest problem.
On what O/S did you see it happen?

BTW, Check your computer's date/time... Your message was dated Mon, 6
Jan 1997 19:01:52 -0500 (EST)

View raw message