tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: 3.2 Final?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 17:45:03 GMT
Why not try the trick ant does?  It does a for loop on another bat file
which gradually builds a temporary environment variable.  Then the
java.exe command can just use the environment variable.  I don't know
how this would work for a huge number of jar files, but in principle it
seems to get around having a huge command line.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/

Louis Tribble wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > The issue I've heard about re: Windows 95/98 is not environment space; it's the
length of the
> > command line that is calculated when we dynamically build a CLASSPATH environment
variable.
> > Currently, the length of the generated line is open-ended because we add all the
JAR files in