tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: InputStream.available() on ServletInputStream
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 05:16:32 GMT
ServletInputStream doesn't have directly a socket underneath, the server
connector
is abstracted and implements doRead() methods.

It is possible to implement available() - either by abstracting it and
requiring the connector to implement the method or ( when the read will be
buffered ) by returning
what is left in the buffer. If you have time to do any of those it would be
great, but so far there are many urgent things to do and little time :-(.

Costin