tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: TC3.3: Split dir proposal
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:34:03 GMT
On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 01:09:39PM -0700, Rob S. wrote:
> Oh hey as long the topic is near this, mind having tomcat-apache.conf
> renamed to something similar to follow suit(e?) with mod_jk.conf-auto?
> mod_jserv.conf-auto?

+1

Just put in the docs (tomcat-apache-howto.html) that 3.2 makes
"tomcat-apache.conf" and 3.3 makes "mod_jserv.conf-auto"

> > Also, I think we should split tomcat/conf:
> > tomcat/conf/servers - iis, nes, aol, apache configs

-1

> > tomcat/conf/samples - all the samples not in use

+1

> For what it's worth, I like this because the number of files in the conf dir
> is overwhelming for most first-time Tomcat'ers.  "Do i have to configure all
> of these?" etc.

Again, I like splitting off samples, but not functioning or
auto-created conf files.  They should each have a descriptive name to
limit the confusion you mentioned.

While we're housecleaning conf... Why does conf contain build.xml?
It's added here

    <copyfile src="build.xml" dest="${tomcat.build}/conf/build.xml"/>

but I can't see any real reason for it to be there since we never
recursively call Ant inside build...  If there's no objecttions, I'll
remove it.

 - A