tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <>
Subject Re: mod_jserv vs mod_jk mess
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:59:32 GMT
I've just (last weekend) written a mod_jk README that's actually,
finally, accurate and simple.  It's in the depot now,
src/native/mod_jk/README, right next to the source code.

It covers simple build and install using auto-configuration on Unix.
Please give it a try and tell me how it works for you.

I may be rewriting the mod_jk HOWTO to go into more (accurate) detail
but you're right, it's out of date and confusing now.  Tomcat
documentation is a big problem and lots of us are working on it;
please bear with us.

mod_jk is recommended for various reasons; please try it instead of

Cheers -

 - Alex