tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@central.sun.com>
Subject Re: More problems with migration to 3.2
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:52:41 GMT

> From: cmanolache@yahoo.com
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: More problems with migration to 3.2
>
> Hi Arieh,
>
> I don't understand what happens - getting the writer
> and printing to is should work ( or it used to work - it's
> the most common operation ).
>
> Are you using the latest 3.2 - or what version ? We had
> few patches, but most of them seemed very inoffensive.
>
> If this happens to you then something is certainly broken...

Costin,

thanks for the prompt reply.

It still happens ...

On occasion, I manage to get to the application.

The version I have is a snapshot I downloaded on Aug 17th.

However, when I reaccess the initial page, it puts out the warning that
the document contains no data, yet my tracess show that the printwriter.println
and flush are being invoked.

(As an aside, I saw that Nacho fixed the resource problem in the
Request facade - I fixed it locally on my copy and managed to get farther
along on that respect).

Just to clarify what our application does:

 . the working screen of the browser is composed of some 9 different
   frames
 . each one of those frames is 'connected' to a different servlet.
 . there are also HTML links that launch a separate browser instance
   with a URL pointing at a specific servlet (which displays its output
   in multiple frames).
 . there is a 'background' servlet that is able to update the different
   frames pseudo-asynchronously

What I see is that when launching servlets the warning of 'document
contained no data' is popped.

Arieh