tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: some mod_jk questions/proposals
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:52:21 GMT
On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 09:34:19AM -0700, Alex Chaffee wrote:
> OK, with two +1s and no objections, I'll start to reorg the code on my
> machine.  With any luck I'll check it in soon.

Done.

I think I may have been a little overzealous in my reorg: now there's
a different ambiguity: code for connecting to netscape and iis is
under the mod_jk directory, but technically that isn't mod_jk but some
other use of the jk code.  Maybe it should have been called "jk" after
all.  Is it worth the effort to rename it?  (We can probably wait
until it gets its own CVS module.)

At any rate, except for the above, it makes more sense now.  Please
test it in your configuration (I only have the ability to compile on
Linux/Apache) and let me know if it breaks.

Also, the dist will include the full contents of the src/native
directory, so people can build mod_jk/mod_jserv without having to
figure out CVS.

 - Alex

P.S. do "cvs update -fdRP" to make sure the now empty directories get
deleted on your system.  Hmmm... can we make the release build process
do this too? I'm not sure how that works.