tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: BUG: flushBuffer in Jasper
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:20:30 GMT
On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 04:19:57PM -0700, cmanolache@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand the problem.
> Jasper should flush it's own buffers before calling any flush downstream.

It does.  But flushBuffer is a method on *response*, which was passed
in from Tomcat, which has its own buffer.  Which it flushes.  But
Jasper's buffer is somewhere else (inside JspWriterImpl), that
Response doesn't know about, so it stays full.

There's a JspWriter whose flush method works fine.  But there's no
"JspResponse" or equivalent (that would be my facade solution).

This is really the fault of the API; I see no reason for having a
Response.flushBuffer() call when out.flush() should (and does) do the
job perfectly well.  Maybe I should ask the JSR 53 experts why they
added this method to Response.