tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@central.sun.com>
Subject Is there an easier way (was: changes from 3.1 to 3.2)
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:17:40 GMT
Thanks to Costin for the reponse.

Reading the doc and the code, I realized that one of the ways to execute
what I was trying to do (accept a request, and force a redirection to
a /login servlet on a different context than the one that was originally
requested) is as follows:

	//  get the 'console' context, from which the /login servlet is
	//  invoked. (class invoked is one I developed for our application)
	//
        Context sc = ServerUtils.getConsoleContext ();

	//  get the ServletWrapper that matches the /login servlet, in order
	//  to get to its respective RequestDispatcher
	//
        ServletWrapper s = (ServletWrapper) sc.getServletByName (
                                    Constants.Context.Console.Components.Login);

	//  get the RequestDispatcher associated with the /login servlet
	//
        RequestDispatcher rd =
    s.getServlet().getServletConfig().getServletContext().getNamedDispatcher(
                                    Constants.Context.Console.Components.Login);

        rd.forward (req, res);

I was wondering if there was a more straightforward way to evaluate the
RequestDispatcher than the one I figured out.

Thanks,

Arieh