tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@central.sun.com>
Subject Changes from 3.1 to 3.2 - how to do it now ?
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:39:10 GMT
I begun work on our migration from using 3.1 to 3.2.

There are a number of changes that have a direct impact on our code.

Simple changes include moving some classes from 'core' to 'facade'.

However, a not so obvious change (that I haven't figured out how to
resolve) is the fact that the HttpServletRequestFacade is no longer accessible.

Under 3.1 I would cast the HttpServletRequest to the HttpServletRequestFacade
and access any of the methods that the Facade has.
This is no longer possible.

What would be the way to get to the real request in the 3.2 implementation ?

(In the API that our application exposes, I need to provide access to the
contexts, which indirectly requires that I know how to get to the
ContextManager from the request object).

Thanks.

Arieh