tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat startup time
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:33:50 GMT
On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 05:31:19PM +0200, Petr Jiricka wrote:
> I agree with Alex's suggestion, although we probably don't want to change
> the format of server.xml for 3.2, right ?

Why not?  Costin seems to think it's straightforward, and in any case,
we'd just be adding functionality, not breaking anything.  I think we
should just implement things as best we can, and let the 3.2 build
manager decide if a solution is fully-baked enough to allow into 3.2.

Right, Sam? :-)

I haven't applied your patch but it looks great!  Thanks for writing
it -- better you than me :-)

 - Alex

P.S. By "not breaking" I just mean that existing server.xml files
should continue to work; not that there's no chance the code
implementing the change is buggy.