tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject PROPOSAL: Separate tomcat-apache-howto.html (was Re: User's Guide)
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:22:44 GMT
I haven't heard back from the fellow who started revising the user
guide, but when I do, I'd like to take the liberty of separating it
into two separate documents:

tomcat-ug.html
	information on tomcat installation and standalone use
tomcat-apache-howto.html
	information on installing Tomcat inside Apache

This would fit in with the other howtos (tomcat-iis-howto.html and
tomcat-netscape-howto.html) and make for a cleaner documentation
structure.

Also, as a minor note, it would change the name from tomcat_ug.html to
tomcat-ug.html to make it more consistent.

I'll also give it a onceover and walk through it as I install
Apache+Tomcat on two new servers.  That should help resolve some of
the complaints about how it's out of date.

Please reply with your +1s (-1s not required :-))

Now, wasn't there a thread about a "docs" directory?  I just synced,
after a month on the road, and I still see only src/doc and
src/webpages/docs.  Or was that going to be in the dist build only?

 - Alex