tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Logging
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:36:07 GMT
I worked a bit on logging, but I've put it on the back burner for a while.

log4j is nice, but there may be issues with the license (they use IBM
not Apache)

Also, there's some work to be done to the Tomcat code even if we move
to a log4j backend.  We'd like each component in each context to be
able to change its log parameters (what category name, what
destination, what debug level worth of messages get shown) based on
server.xml entries.  Right now it sorta works but isn't really fully
conceived.

I'd be happy to start a thread on discussion of logging design.

 - Alex