tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Bauman <nixnix...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: interim bug tracking system on website?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:13:09 GMT
Cool!

I was starting to wonder, "What if someone set up a
bug tracking system, and no one came?"

I have no authetication turned on so people can go in
and change many of the view widgets' look and feel,
configuration (and even the backend SQL!) through a
forms interface in the admin section. I should
probably make it password protected. But then does
anyone else need this access? It also is the part
where you link reports to actual identified bugs,
unfortunately.

Thanks to Jon for reminding us (me) how dangerous
Bugzilla is on a public website, and from the looks of
it I do not think it will ever be safe.

--- Jon Stevens <jon@latchkey.com> wrote:
> on 7/31/2000 6:30 PM, "Geoff Soutter"
> <geoff@whitewolf.com.au> wrote:
>
> > would someone with update priviledges mind to
> update
> >
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/bugs/index.html
> >
> > to include the url to the interim bug tracking
> system that Nick Bauman
> > kindly installed for us?
>
> good idea. i just wrote a simple shell script to do
> a redirect:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo "Content-Type: text/html"
> echo "Location: http://znutar.cortexity.com/"