tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Jiricka <petr.jiri...@netbeans.com>
Subject FW: two different versions of web.dtd and other issues
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 11:25:15 GMT
Hi, I posted this to tomcat-user, but got no reply. Can somenone who knows
more about Tomcat than I do reply to this, please ?

Thanks.
Petr

-----Original Message-----
From: Petr Jiricka [mailto:petr.jiricka@netbeans.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 4:41 PM
To: 'Tomcat-User'
Subject: two different versions of web.dtd and other issues

Hello,

I noticed that there are two different versions of web.dtd all over Tomcat
source/build/dist directories: one of size 16039 seems to be included in
Tomcat code, the other of size 15911 seems to be included in user
directories. Can you please explain what's the difference and what has
changed ?

Another issue: I heard that conf/web.xml is not used now as a default
web.xml. What's the status of this file ? Is it *ever* used ? Or is it
something like "it is only used if ...." ? Either way, it seems broken
anyhow, as "org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet" is out of date, now it
should be org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet. Shouldn't conf/web.xml be
removed ?

I am talking about the tomcat_32 branch.

Thanks
Petr