tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arun Katkere <katk...@praja.com>
Subject RE: Any progress on 3.2 new beta/RC/final?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:40:59 GMT
> hey...the longer it takes the happier i am. it means i can test it out
> with a wide variety of weird combinations to see if it holds up.
> deadlines suck in general...and stability testing takes time. :)
> besides..there are a few patches which need to go into 3.2
> before final...
> -Ys-
> yhs@mimic.onesourcecorp.com

Fair enough. I was not advocating calling an incomplete product "release"
just to keep people happy.

But, how about sending out an update once in a while? Something which says
this is what needs to happen before 3.2 release, the major outstanding
issues, etc. Or at least updating RELEASE PLAN in CVS? I know all this
information is there in all the Tomcat Dev emails somewhere, but not
everyone can keep up will all of them. What you are working on affects a
large group of people. All I am asking for is occasional status update.
Something which makes us feel we are on a focused release cycle. Something
that shows me where I can contribute to get a stable release out faster.

-arun