tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Warner Onstine" <onst...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: [Catalina] SSL implementation questions and comments
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:46:04 GMT
I can only speak for Tomcat but this is defined in server.xml as the
keystoreFile variable (I believe, its been a couple of months since I looked
at the code, and I haven't looked at the Catalina code that was ported by
Remy Maucherat).

-warner

----- Original Message -----
From: Serle Shuman
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 1:04 AM
Subject: [Catalina] SSL implementation questions and comments

I've got SSL working, however, can someone explain where in the code jsse is
instructed to use the tomcat key as opposed to some other key. Would it be
possible to choose the key based on the virtual host or virtual host alias
name. (this would be required to pass the browser assertion that the site
name == certificate name). This seems like a bit of a catch-22 as this info
seems to only be communicated after SSL setup which includes key-exchange.

Also I think that the keystore should be a catalina keystore, not the users
default keystore. i.e. default keystore should be somwhere realative to
tomcat home, maybe in <tomcat_home>/conf/security/tomcat.keystore.

Serle