tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Where are my jar files and what's the difference between the different directories in Tomcat source???
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 09:17:02 GMT
Hello Mr. McClanahan and thanks for your very informative answer.

I'm sorry to bother you again with this, I realize you must be a very busy
guy so I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

I've looked at the server.xml file and I do not find anything that could
possibly relate to SSL support for the internal web browser in tomcat.  If
you could give me some more information about that I would greatly
appreciate it.  I'll paste my server.xml file in here at the end of this
message.

Also I was wondering how it would go when I need to integrate this into
another application... so that when that application starts up the webserver
(with SSL support) also starts up and everything is set.  Would I simply do
the following in code:

    try
    {
        Tomcat tomcat=new Tomcat();
        tomcat.execute( args );
    }
    catch(Exception ex)
    {
        System.out.println(sm.getString("tomcat.fatal") + ex );
        ex.printStackTrace();
    }

(Taken directly from Tomcat.java)

Would that then start up an SSL web server... given, of course, that my
server.xml file is correct?

I hope I'm not bothering you too much and I hope you can give me an answer
to these two questions I have.

Thank you...
Kind regards from Iceland, Stefan Freyr Stefansson.

p.s. here's the server.xml file I have:

   ---begin---

<Server>
    <!-- Debug low-level events in XmlMapper startup -->
    <xmlmapper:debug level="0" />

    <!-- This is quite flexible; we can either have a log file per
         module in Tomcat (example: ContextManager) or we can have
         one for Servlets and one for Jasper, or we can just have
	 one tomcat.log for both Servlet and Jasper.

	 If you omit "path" there, then stderr should be used.

	 verbosityLevel values can be:
	    FATAL
	    ERROR
	    WARNING
            INFORMATION
            DEBUG
         -->

    <Logger name="tc_log"
            path="logs/tomcat.log"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="servlet_log"
            path="logs/servlet.log"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="JASPER_LOG"
	    path="logs/jasper.log"
            verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION" />

    <!-- Add "home" attribute if you want tomcat to be based on a different
directory
         "home" is used to create work and to read webapps, but not for libs
or CLASSPATH.
         Note that TOMCAT_HOME is where tomcat is installed, while
ContextManager home is the
         base directory for contexts, webapps/ and work/
      -->
    <ContextManager debug="0" workDir="work" >
        <!-- ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LogEvents" / -->
        <ContextInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.context.AutoSetup"
/>
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.DefaultCMSetter" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WorkDirInterceptor" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WebXmlReader" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor" />
        <!-- Request processing -->
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SimpleMapper" debug="0" />
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SessionInterceptor" />
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SecurityCheck" />
        <RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.request.FixHeaders"
/>

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
        </Connector>

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
        </Connector>

        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/examples" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>
        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="" docBase="webapps/ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="true"

        </Context>

        <Context path="/test" docBase="webapps/test" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

    </ContextManager>
</Server>