tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject Catalina: Adding a new realm
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:11:00 GMT
I have created my own Realm to do some custom authentication. It is based on
JDBCRealm and extends RealmBase.

For some reason, I can't seem to successfully add it to server.xml.

  <Realm className="us.oh.state.dot.servlet.security.BALSRealm" debug="99"
    vbrokerAddr="ITAOA125"
    vbrokerPort="49200" />

I have the appropriate methods defined in my class. I have even tried to deploy
it without any parameters, without success.

    public void setVbrokerAddr(String newVbrokerAddr)
    public void setVbrokerPort(String newVbrokerPort)

But I get the following exception when Catalina tries to start:

ERROR reading d:\projects\notes-servlet\servlet\server.xml
At Line 52 /Server/Engine/Realm/

Catalina.start: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.AddChild.end(XmlMapper.java:781)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchEnd(XmlMapper.java:391)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.endElement(XmlMapper.java:109)
 at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Parser.java:1413)
 at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.content(Parser.java:1499)
 <snip>

The JDBCRealm loads fine!? Did I forget to do something obvious? I have added my
Realm classes and supporting jar files into <catalina_home>/classes.

jim