tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject Where are my jar files and what's the difference between the different directories in Tomcat source???
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:50:21 GMT
Hello...

I'm having a hard time understanding this thing here...

I've downloaded the Ant tool and the source of Tomcat.  I've run "build.bat"
and after a few modifications and additions (had to create a JAVA_HOME
environment variable and add an XML implementation to my setup) the tomcat
builds allright and it even runs!

The problem is that I can't find the jar files I was told I'd have
(webserver.jar, jasper.jar and server.jar).  I want to integrate tomcat into
one of my projects and use the webserver and jsp/servlet engine in it...
that's why I'm doing this and I need the jar files... but as I said... they
are nowhere to be found... I've searched the whole drive and nothing...

I posted a question to this list a while ago asking about pointers for
stripping tomcat... that is, I only wanted the java files neccesary... no
native code and such.  I got one answer to that... and that was to build it
and use the aforementioned jar files... I expect them to only have the class
files so it's not exactly what I wanted but it's better than nothing... But
I still would like to get some information about all the different
directories within the Tomcat source.... I mean, I have found the same
package names in more than one place and even the same java files under
different directories.. I'm confused as to which one is used and such since
I'm trying to put this in a nice JBuilder project.  The reason for that
being that I want to modify it a little before I integrate it into my
project.. (add SSL support to the internal HTTP server and such).

I hope someone can help me with this... as always, anything is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, Stefan Freyr