tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Markus.Breilm...@tamgroup.com
Subject mod_jk, SSL and client certs
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:17:24 GMT
Hi everyone,

it seems I'm not the only one who needs SSL with Tomcat (looking at earlier
postings). In that context I have several related problems:

I was trying to configure the mod_jk DLL on a Windows NT machine but it
wouldn't work (error message: the application or DLL is not a valid
Windows NT image). I am trying to run it within the IBM HTTP server
(which basically is the Apache server) because I want to use SSL with
servlets for client authentication.

I remember having similar problems with the JServ DLL a while ago until
somebody posted a zipped version of the DLL on the download site. Is
there a chance that the file got corrupted during the upload or download
process? Could somebody zip and post the mod_jk DLL to Apache's Web site
(or mail me a working one since I don't have MS VC++ 6)?

What I want to do eventually is to use the Apache server as a gateway to
pass the SSL client certificate to my servlet. Does anybody have any sample
code for working with certificates in a servlet?

Any help would be appreciated,

Markus

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message
Markus Breilmann                        markus.breilmann@tamgroup.com
Director of Technology                           tel: +1.415.455.5770
The Tamalpais Group, Inc.                        fax: +1.415.455.5771
11 Belle Avenue                                 web: www.tamgroup.com
CA 94960 San Anselmo, USA
PGP Fingerprint:             96E7 8096 E893 F6FD  A60B 97F3 7F5D 941D