tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "René Salle" <rene.sa...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject [BUG] ? Fatal error at startup if no context defined
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:12:04 GMT
Salut,

- What I've done:

Since I have applications that run smoothly, and that Tomcat detect and load
it without any mention of it in conf/server.xml,

Since I didn't need any of applications that come with tomcat (example,
root, and test), and they may even be in my case nuisances (admin),

I'd just removed all wars from the 'dist' build I've made of recent (07/26)
CVS main branch sources, and removed all context definitions from server.xml

Only the latter is related to...

- What I've got:

Tomcat: Loading config file C:\Java\tomcat\conf\server.xml
FATAL:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:210)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:269)

(Run on Win98, j2se 1.3, 'jasper.log' and 'servlet.log' 0 bytes size.)

I was not able to track this down by lack of time.

I've no idea if this might be considered as a bug either.