tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Anand (Anand)" <ansha...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: Simple mod_jk & Apache Auth & DirectoryIndex Patch
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 21:02:57 GMT
Jay:

Quick question. You were right. I did finally manage to get mod_jk to work
with Apache 1.3.12 on RedHat 6.2. But, as you had guessed it right, the
mod_perl and Php modules kept causing problems. Since I have have statically
linked my Php 4.0 and ModPerl 1.2.4 modules, the only way I could make the
mod_jk to load and work was by commenting out the following lines:

<IfDefine SSL>
AddModule mod_ssl.c
</IfDefine>
#AddModule mod_php4.c
#AddModule mod_perl.c

I tried putting the

Include /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto

somwhere before the 2 AddModule lines above, but it did not work. I guess my
question is:
If I have mod_perl and php statically linked with apache, is there a way to
make all three work?

Thanks

Anand

Sharma:

mod_jk loaded fine without the modification to the env, it simply didn't
work.  The problem I had getting Apache to even start had to do with module
ordering.  If I LoadModule mod_perl, libphp3, or libphp4 before I LoadModule
mod_jk, Apache refuses to fork.  It looks quite like what you are showing
there.  Try taking out modules one by one until you get it to load, and then
move mod_jk before all those modules and put them all back in.

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik@saurik.com
Anand Sharma
Lucent Technologies
Communications Applications Group
Mail Stop: C5-01
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 324 6218
http://webedge.sv.lucent.com/anand

"In the clarity of a quiet mind, there is room for all that is actually
happening and whatever else that might also be possible"