tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Allen Akers" <ak...@unt.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat, JNDI and EJB's
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:40:27 GMT
We also use Tomcat and WebLogic and you need to have weblogicaux.jar as
well as several classes from the /classes directory hierarchy under your
WebLogic install directory in your Tomcat classpath.  Unfortunately, if
you are using WebLogic 5.1 they have this nasty little problem that
requires you to not only have the remote and home interfaces for your
EJBs available to the client, but also it sometimes looks for the
implementation-specific interfaces that are built by the WebLogic EJB
compiler.  What I ended up doing is just taking the whole EJB jar and
putting it in the classpath of Tomcat.  It sucks, but that was the
easiest way.  They are supposed to be making something so that the
interfaces can be put into a separate jar to be distributed to clients,
but as far as I know that isn't finished yet.  I hope this helps.  Let
me know if I can be of further assistance.

---------Included Message----------
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:06:28 -0700
From: "David Patton" <dpatton@mvsn.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Tomcat, JNDI and EJB's

I am using Tomcat to handle servlets and JSP requests and have it
mapped
into Weblogic to handle EJB requests.  I am using JNDI to access my
EJB's on
Weblogic.  That is the theory at least.  In reality, when I access my
servlet, it bombs out saying that it can't find the necessary JNDI
classes
in my classpath.  When I add the J2EE.jar file into my classpath for
tomcat,
it blows up.  Anyone have experience passing requests for EJB's from
Tomcat?

Dave Patton