tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-servletapi build.bat
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:36:30 GMT

craigmcc wrote:
> Add a missing '%' in the classpath setting, and regularize the direction
> of the slashes.  In addition, put the "ant.jar" and "tools.jar" files at
> the beginning of the generated classpath, rather than the end, to avoid
> prolems with existing Ant classes being present.

-1 on the reordering.  +1 on the rest.

I never liked batch files or shell scripts that felt that they knew better
that I do - my feeling is that what I put in my classpath should take
precidence.  This dates back to the problems I had with JDK1.1 with dealing
with batch files which insisted on adding tools.jar to the path.  In this
case the problem is eliminated by the use of JAVA_HOME, but the priciple
remains.

- Sam Ruby