tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Using xerces/jaxp with Tomcat
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 07:54:54 GMT

Jason Hunter wrote:

> > Right now the only reason to have the non-jaxp fallback is to support
> > the case where JAXP is not available. I am happy with requiring JAXP -
> > it will simplify everything.
>
> If we require it, then let's just make sure we ship with it.

jaxp.jar and parser.jar are included in the current beta.  Which means that
tomcat can be installed as simply as downloading, unzip/untar-ing, and
executing startup.bat/sh.

Even better, switching from Sun's JAXP to Apache's Xerces will be as simple
as replacing these two jars in the lib directory with xerces.jar (vintage
1.1.2 or later).

- Sam Ruby