tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rudyanto.L" <RUDYANT...@MULTIPOLAR.CO.ID>
Subject RE: Tomcat, Catalina, and Java2
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 02:10:41 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Stevens [mailto:jon@latchkey.com]

on 7/10/2000 10:20 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com>
wrote:

> That fresh start, in the
> opinion of lots of folks that have looked at it, is Catalina.

I agree. Craig also didn't mention the fact that Tomcat's code base is a
mess and hard to read. It has gotten better in what will be 3.2, but it is
still really hard to understand. Catalina is simply much cleaner and also is
very well documented. It is the right direction IMHO.

-jon
Hi Jon

First of All, let me introduce myself. My name is Rudyanto. You can call me
Rudy. I'm still
rookie in servlet but I'm interested to study it.

Could you let me know the Web about Catalina? Do you agree that it's better
for a rookie to
to study Catalina rather than Tomcat?

Regards
Rudy