tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: defining a login-servlet for the entire servlet
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:16:51 GMT
Hola :

I think form-based security suits to your needs, in Tomcat 3.2 you can
put form-based security to work AFAIK, and give it a whirl. un comment
the related sections of %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\web.xml
to check this as by default is BASIC the security that can be tested.

Is easy to make the entire Tomcat webserver authenticate in every
request, delete not needed contexts, a make yours authenticate in every
request.

All this operations are documented in the Servlet Spec 2.2 that you can
get from http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/index.html

And not sounds odd, :-).

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega