tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Biju.Therakathilal (Exchange)" <Biju.Therakathi...@target.com>
Subject RE: What is the best open source (i.e. free) transaction (support s EJB) database?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:58:27 GMT
I think you can use Cloudscape. But please verify it.

Biju

-----Original Message-----
From: Megan Ray [mailto:megray@prodigy.net]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 12:56 PM
To: Tomcat Interest List; JSP-INTEREST Reference
Subject: What is the best open source (i.e. free) transaction (supports
EJB) database?

What is the best free open source transaction database?    I am specifically
looking for a database that supports EJB.   I have seen InterBase and
PostgreSQL mentioned in articles.    Please send any recommendations, pros,
and cons.    I need a database that supports both Windows 98 and Linux.

NOTE:   MySQL is great - but it does not support EJB transactions.

Thanks!

Megan Wertz Ray
megray@crosswinds.net