tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Payette <Spaye...@interstarinc.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Tomcat
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:56:04 GMT
My advice to you, get rid of everything in your computer that has to do with
JSWDK... It doesn't work!

-----Original Message-----
From: Biju.Therakathilal (Exchange)
[mailto:Biju.Therakathilal@target.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 2:55 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with Tomcat

Hi,

I was using JSWDK1.0.1 for JSP and servlets. And the version of sevlet API
was 2.1.

Now i am trying to use Tomcat 3.1 for JSP and servlets. I am able to execute
a JSP. The problem arises when i give the build command.

The changes i made are
1. Tomcat is installed into a directory c:\jakarta-tomcat
2. My new web application 'Lean' is kept under c:\JavaWebs
3. Added the following line to server.xml
    <Context path="/Lean" docBase="c:/JavaWebs/Lean" debug="9"
reloadable="true" >
    </Context>
4. I created the application directory by copying the 'sample' application
supplied alongwith tomcat to C:/JavaWebs and renaming it
    to 'Lean'
5. Kept a test.jsp under c:/JavaWebs/Lean/web directory and executed from
browser. i got the result.
6. Now in dos prompt, i changed my directory to c:\JavaWebs\Lean and gave
the command 'build'
7. It gave an error 'Exception in thread 'main'
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

Following are the things i did for correcting it, but didn't work
1.  In startup.bat i gave SET JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.2.2 (that is the jdk
directory) and SET TOMCAT_HOME=c:\jakarta-tomcat
It still didn't work. So i changed the following in build.xml
   <property name="app.name"       value="Lean"
   <property name="deploy.home"    value="c:/JavaWebs/Lean"/>

Any help on this will be appreciated

Thanks
Biju