tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Smith <Sm...@ali.com.au>
Subject RE: jonas and tomcat
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:59:09 GMT
Jonas is an EJB server and has no web/servlet/jsp capability.

This does not mean that you cannot use EJBs contained in Jonas from a
servlet, as you would use EJBs from any client application.

Dave Smith
Senior Team Leader
Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Ltd

mailto:smith@ali.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: sagol [mailto:biramani.sagolsem@fluxart.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 July 2000 16:21
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org; jakarta-tomcat-cvs@apache.org
Subject: jonas and tomcat

hi friends,

I have been using tomcat 3.1 for quite a long time but I am very new to
jonas. Please answer  the following  questions.

1. Does jonas support servlet/jsp ?
2. If not, how can I use both the services of tomcat and jonas ? I like
to use servlet, jsp, and ejb in my project. Enterprise Enhydra
    release 2 seems to be too fresh to be used in real production work.

 Is there any other open source application server which can fullfil my
needs. Please help me.

Thanks.

sagol