tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe Warland <cwa_mail...@mail.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk, SSL and client certs
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:15:42 GMT

I also noticed that the mod_jk DLL was corrupted when I downloaded it through
Netscape. I thought I would have to try with other tools but didn't care much
because I already have my own working version, built one month ago. I am
emailing it to you in a private email.

I am using the webserver 1.0 release from www.opensa.org. Unfortunately, their
site has been down for the last couple of days/weeks.

Christophe

Markus.Breilmann@tamgroup.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> it seems I'm not the only one who needs SSL with Tomcat (looking at earlier
> postings). In that context I have several related problems:
>
> I was trying to configure the mod_jk DLL on a Windows NT machine but it
> wouldn't work (error message: the application or DLL is not a valid
> Windows NT image). I am trying to run it within the IBM HTTP server
> (which basically is the Apache server) because I want to use SSL with
> servlets for client authentication.
>
> I remember having similar problems with the JServ DLL a while ago until
> somebody posted a zipped version of the DLL on the download site. Is
> there a chance that the file got corrupted during the upload or download
> process? Could somebody zip and post the mod_jk DLL to Apache's Web site
> (or mail me a working one since I don't have MS VC++ 6)?
>
> What I want to do eventually is to use the Apache server as a gateway to
> pass the SSL client certificate to my servlet. Does anybody have any sample
> code for working with certificates in a servlet?
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Markus

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
> reply email and destroy all copies of the original message
> Markus Breilmann                        markus.breilmann@tamgroup.com
> Director of Technology                           tel: +1.415.455.5770
> The Tamalpais Group, Inc.                        fax: +1.415.455.5771
> 11 Belle Avenue                                 web: www.tamgroup.com
> CA 94960 San Anselmo, USA
> PGP Fingerprint:             96E7 8096 E893 F6FD  A60B 97F3 7F5D 941D

Christophe Warland                   S1 Corporation
R&T Engineer                         Technology Center
christophe.warland@s1.com            705 Westech Drive
Phone: +1 678 421-4015               Norcross, GA 30092
Fax:   +1 253 399-5709               U.S.A.
   "If you're looney enough to run a file of unknown origin
 with a .vbs extension, that would be referred to as Darwinism."
       -- a Slashdot user, June 2000

Darwin Awards: http://www.darwinawards.com
Slashdot info: http://google.com/search?q=slashdot
VBS in action: http://google.com/search?q=vbs&btnI=I'm_feeling_lucky