tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Pelegri--Llopart <Eduardo.Pelegrillop...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: JSP with taglibs -- output in wrong order without flush?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:57:52 GMT
see intermixed.

Paul Speed wrote:

> Serge Knystautas wrote:
> >
> > Michael Taylor wrote:
> > > The spec that said that it was illegal to use <jsp:include> in a context
> > > where 'out' was not the current writer, or something like that.  I think
> > > this means that it's illegal to use <jsp:include> within the body of
> > > tag.  The spec claims this is because there is no backing stream behind
> > > the body of this tag, which makes sense.  It's my guess that
> > > <jsp:include> always writes to the top-level writer directly.

jsp:include is intended to write to the current JspWriter.  It is inot
the top level, it barfs.  This is because we only implemented
jsp:include with a flush="true", and it does not make sense to define
flush for when JspWriter is a buffer...: "where do you flush to?".  In
JSP 1.2, flush="false" will be defined, and then an include will work as
expected.

> > I'm pretty sure this is the case for the reasons you give.  I'd like a
> > way around that though in the next version of the servlet API. ;)

It is a very high priority item.

	- eduard/o